Four more Sunday until Christmas – where has the time gone?
Are you organised, starting early, or more of a last-minute planner and shopper? With only four more weeks to go it’s time to get cracking, if you want to send gifts around the country or even overseas.
Rood Food has a lovely gift box of delicious pate. Traditional Country Preserves offers a range of gift boxes, beautifully wrapped, including some containing a mix from other Farmers’ Market producers. You can also make up your own to suit. Just talk to Margaret about what you’d like in your box. Making things stress free for you, she will even courier your box to your loved ones for you. Great for gifting a morsel of Marlborough this year. Georgina and Keith from the Nutt Ranch have a special Christmas range, amongst many shelf-stable products that lend themselves for wrapping in advance.
For additional ideas, talk to us at the Community stall.
Give the gift of Marlborough treats this Christmas.
Special entertainment treat
This Sunday watch the Blenheim Districts Pipe Band performing. Celebrating St Andrew’s Day 2021, the performance includes the full band, solos, duos and a drum salute from 9-10am. From 10-10.30am watch the Highland Dancers perform, followed by the Haggis ceremony at 10.30am. The Scottish Country Dancers entertain straight after, and the morning will complete with more music from the Blenheim and District Highland Pipe band.
We’re also delighted to announce that the Christmas Market will be held on Thursday 23 December from 4pm – 7pm. We’ll have a few fun kids activities lined up for you too.
Health and Safety
Due to Health and Safety the market cannot allow members of the public in before 8.45am.
That’s why we kindly ask to arrive from 8.45am onwards.
Still at level 2 – please wear your mask while at the market and to scan in.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.
From our Stallholders
Traditional Country Preserves
I will have more products and baskets back in stock this Sunday. They are selling fast so come and see while we still have stock. Bon-bons also available.
We still have a few 2kg pots of liquid and creamed honey for $20.00.
Also have manuka on special for
- 1 kg pot for $30.00
- 500 pot for $15.00
- 250 pot for $8.50.
- Can we tempt you with this beautiful vibrant black boy peach shortcake – take home or enjoy with lashings of cream, watching the world go by.
- Get ready for the holiday season with a selection of full-of-fruit Christmas cakes. Take home now or order for Christmas.
SharpAs Tool Tips
It’s a busy time of the year in the garden. A common tool I get to sharpen is the garden edger. Some examples in this photo. A mistake many make is that when the edger does not cut well they bend the blades to make them cut better. This creates more damage to the edger rather than fixing the problem, which is why they need proper sharpening and setting. While edgers can be “unbent” it is best to get them sharpened and set properly. If you have edgers or any other tools or utensils that have an edge that needs sharpening, bring them along to the Farmers’ Market.
Quick meal ideas using market produce
Lynn, market manager, sourced all ingredients for this easy meal from the market.
- White fish from Fresh Fish, covered in Dukkha from Nut Ranch and pan fried in olive oil.
- New potatoes from Field Fresh or Spudz n Greens, boiled and rolled in butter with salt and pepper.
- For the veggies, panfry garlic and shallot from Golden Mile Produce, next add mushrooms from The Mush Room Co, broccoli and Bok choy, plenty available. Toss in a really good olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bang, a restaurant quality meal in half an hour.
We’re still in Level 2. Here’s a quick recap, and with that said, see you Sunday
- Sign in at the Entrance (from 8.45am, gates are locked prior)
- Wear a Face covering – unless 12 years of age or under.
- Maintain Social Distancing
- Only handle stall produce that you plan to purchase
- If unwell, please stay home
mā te wā.
PS Do you have a friend who would benefit from being on our mailing list? Please forward this newsletter to them with an invite to join our mailing list.